- Chief Manager
The chief manager will be the responsible for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the hospital, to include the development and maintenance of a sound financial and operational strategy.
To be successful in this role, you will have a university degree in Finance/ Accounting/Business administration coupled with accountancy professional qualification i.e. CPA (K) or ACCA
- Proven extensive experience in management and business
- An MBA will be an added advantage
- Excellent knowledge of Accounting /Finance Management Software, and understanding of finance systems; Cash Management, Budgets, Forecasts, Expenditure as well as building overhead cost models.
- You will have experience of managing teams, including good training and coaching skills and a willingness to support development of others. You will posses well developed interpersonal and team skills and proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations. Your computer literacy and analytical skills will be excellent. Good negotiation, diplomacy, communication, planning and coaching skills will be a requirement for this role.
- Must be above 35 years old
- Planning, organizing, administration and control of all the departments at the hospital.
- Production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Cash balances and cash forecasts
- System of controls over accounting transactions
- Financial reporting
- Record keeping meeting the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Liaise with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Implementation of strategic business plans
- Human Resource Management - recruitment, training, goal-setting and performance evaluation.
- Legal - Asset management and contracts
- Reliable and efficient control systems
- Procurement and logistics
This position calls for individuals with a passion for excellent service delivery, strong work ethic, continual improvement and results orientation. The successful candidates will be team players with the ability to effectively influence support from and add value to a wide range of professionals that they interact with.
- Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy.
- Registration with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board.
- Possession of valid annual practicing license.
- Two year post registration work experience
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills
- Checking prescriptions for accuracy and suitability to ensure safe, economical and rational use of drugs and pharmaceutical products
- Preparing and labeling extemporaneous preparations for both in and out patients
- Participating in formulating and implementing Hospital policies on drug use and pharmacy standard operating procedures.
- Clinical checks on all treatment sheets and prescriptions
- Providing comprehensive and accurate drug information to patients and other users.
- Design and implement procedures and guidelines on forecasting, storage and stock management, procurement and distribution of drugs at central level in line with national policies
- Strengthen logistics management information systems for pharmaceutical commodities
- Work closely with the health management teams to support adequate and reliable supply of medicine
- Participating in drug stock takes.
- Management Accountant
A Bachelors degree in Accounts or Finance with CPA (K), ACCA OR equivalent
At least 3 years professional accounting experience.
Applicants must be fully conversant with ERP Systems.
- Annual budget preparation and management
- Preparation of monthly accounts and reports
- Updating and maintaining day to day accounts of the organization
- Payroll administration and handling supplier payments and tracking.
- Ensuring compliance with the statutory and taxation issues
- Ensuring internal controls systems are adequate
- Ensuring that all financial transactions are in compliance with established polices and practices
External audit support and development of accounting systems and procedures for the company, payroll preparation and reconciliation as well as for processing
The Laboratory Manager will be responsible for the planning, organization, co-ordination and administration of Medical Laboratory Services.
- An advanced degree in pathology
- Proven- experience of at least three (3) years in as Laboratory Manager or equivalent position in a busy hospital.
- Knowledge of Quality assurance procedures applicable to laboratory.
- Ability to work in a multi disciplinary environment of both clinical and non-clinical
- To plan, coordinate and oversee the overall operation of laboratory activities.
- Establish and revise laboratory policies and procedures; develop and maintain
appropriate control and quality assurance procedures.
- Train, supervise and evaluate the performance of laboratory staff; develop work
performance standards; provide technical expertise as needed or requested.
- Co-ordinate internal and external quality assurance programs.
- Ensure compliance of safety procedures from all staff within the lab department.
- Ensuring provision of quality laboratory services.
- Ensuring availability and proper utilization of consumables and equipment in the Unit.
- Participation in the preparation of expenditure estimates for the department.
- Management of all laboratory staff to ensure high standards of excellence.
- Strengthen work flow engineering to improve efficiency, maintain positive staff morale and increase the capability for growth.
- Proactively introduce a high level of scientific innovation into testing and technology.
- Responsible for effective communication between the laboratory and other hospital
departments in particular infection control, operating theatres, accident and
emergency and critical care areas.
5. Marketing Manager
- A Bachelors degree in a business related course and a professional Diploma in Marketing.
The person should have more than 2 years working experience in the field of
- Ability to give captivating or convincing presentations to a top level audience
- A good understanding of the Healthcare sector will be an added advantage.
- Develop and implement Marketing strategies to retain and attract new clients.
- Conduct Market surveys and research for existing and new products.
- Prepare presentations, proposals and sales contracts
- Develop and maintain sales materials on current products
- Manage account services through client relations and other follow-ups
- Identify and resolve client concerns and queries promptly
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to internal customers
- Develop and implement special sales activities
- Organize events that help communicate the hospital’s vision to its audiences
- Provide on-job-training to new sales employees
6. Customer Service and Communications Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or a related field with Post graduate training in Mass Communications/Journalism.
- A result driven and dynamic person with over 3 years experience in a related function.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team player and strong leadership skills.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills.
- Computer literate and familiarity with standard office computer applications.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Lead the development and implementation of the organization’s corporate communications strategy in collaboration with other functions.
- Develop and implement appropriate communications, public relations and reputation strategies.
- Properly plan and direct the communication strategies designed to keep internal public informed of Royal Gardens Hospital’s programmes and policies.
- Manage the implementation of Corporate Social Responsibility programmes.
- Be the bridge that drives communication between business development and operations towards the common goal of high levels of service to the customer.
- Establish, prioritize and manage the efficient flow of information necessary to ensure on time delivery of customer inquiries and maintain a high degree of collaboration and teamwork
- Improve customer service quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; establishing and communicating service metrics; monitoring and analyzing results; implementing changes.
- Manage and guide the operations of the customer service team in order to efficiently respond to queries and complaints within satisfaction and delivery targets
- Human Resource and Administration Officer
The purpose of this position is to provide administrative support to Human Resource Department in all HR functions and ensure the timely and accurate execution of the day-to-day administrative and Human Resources support requirements of Royal gardens Hospital.
- University degree preferably concentrating in Human Resources or in a similar field.
- Diploma in Human Resources Management would be an added advantage.
- Minimum 2 years experience in Human Resources and Admin with proven ability to work with senior managers.
- User Knowledge of relevant HRMIS is an added advantage.
- In-depth understanding of HR ethics of professionalism and confidentiality
- Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously, be flexible, and be willing to assume a range of unanticipated assignments Multi-tasking with positive attitude
- Assist in staff acquisition which will involve HR planning, Recruitment, Selection, Placement and Induction.
- Data management which involves Leave planning and administration, Maintenance of HR records for all staff and to ensure proper documentation are kept.
- Payroll administration
- Managing the annual training budget, Assessing competency/skills gaps, Coordination of learning and motivational programmes.
- Conflict resolution by ensuring a conflict free environment and if any arises ensure that the laid down procedures to resolve the conflict is followed.
- Executive Chef
- Diploma/Certificate in food production from Utalii College or equivalent
- At least 3 years experience as a head chef, in an up-market environment.
- Professional training from Kenya Utalii College in Advanced Food Production or similar from an equally recognized institution
- Must know kitchen administration and organization, Food production and menu costing
- An excellent understanding of discerning clientele requirements
- Experience in Staff training is desired
- Overall kitchen management
- Developing a relevant menus, maintaining high and consistent standards in food quality and service
- Coaching, training and developing other catering personnel ensuring high performance standards
- Plan and price menu items and food/beverage costs
- Establish working procedures or processes for all kitchen functions
- Verifying safety or conformance to standards in work procedures
- Determine food presentation styles creating decorative food displays
- Adhere to all HACCP Hygiene Management System and health safety standards
- Ordering and Stock controls, office management.
- To ensure that all menus are constantly updated, paying special attention to seasonal availability
- To ensure that sufficient stocks of all materials are being kept and stored under the correct conditions.
9. ICT Officer
The ICT officer’s role will be to ensure continuous and effective provision of up to date ICT services in the Organization, and carry out troubleshooting in the related areas.
- A holder of BSc. degree in Computer Science/Information Technology from a recognized University.
- Certification in MCSE, CCNA.
- Knowledge of Linux, Windows 2003/2008 Server and IBM Informix Operating Systems.
- Hands-on experience in one of the mainstream ERP’s will be a distinct advantage.
- Support integration of mobile, email, web and other electronic resources into a Document Management ICT system for information gathering, processing, archiving and dissemination
- Experience with backup and recovery of Data / System Files
- Experience in Configuration, Management, and Troubleshooting of LAN /WAN Network devices (Routers, Switches, and Firewalls etc.)
- Configure and monitor the performance of specific applications to ensure they operate to agreed performance levels.
- Performing on-site and remote technical support
- Should be willing to work for extended hours.
- Maintain and update the Management Information System (MIS) for the collection, analysis and dissemination of data within Royal Gardens Hospital.
- Ensure continuous upgrade and setup of supporting network infrastructure.
- Ensure secure, continuous uninterrupted availability and functionality of Hospital’s computer systems.
- Ensure enhancement of new technology as per the trends which are cost effective and value adding to the organization.
- Review systems infrastructure, implementation and integration.
- Provide continuous training to staff on ICT system equipment use and user of applications on need basis.
- Maintain and continuously account to the supervisor on the delivery of set departmental targets and provide regular ICT monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Diploma and above in Housekeeping ,Laundry and Accommodation training from a reputable institution
- 5 years work experience in a hospital environment with at least 4 years as a House Keeper in charge of housekeeping and Laundry
- An experienced and passionate Housekeeper whose primary focus will be on the short and long term planning and the management of the housekeeping and Laundry operation with a clear understanding of its management practises and systems
- Thorough knowledge in housekeeping procedures, inventories, equipment and chemicals.
- High organizational capacity and management.
- Must be between 30 to 40 years
- Plan and organise the activities of the Housekeeping and Laundry department day by day
- Ensure high standards of cleanliness are maintained both in wards and all areas to our client’s satisfaction.
- Preparation of annual budgets and monthly forecasts. Monitor and control budget throughout the year.
- Supervise and Monitor work performance of team members by conducting room inspections. Provide coaching of team members and conduct performance reviews when/as needed.
- Maintain inventory of wards and housekeeping supplies including all month end inventories. Maintain lost and found log.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics which inspire team members to meet and exceed standards, and promote team member empowerment.
- Plan and conduct departmental team member meetings to ensure open communication amongst team members.
If your background, experience and competences match the above specifications, please send your application and a detailed CV quoting your current remuneration and full contact details of three referees to the address given below.
Applications addressed to The Executive Director, should be hand delivered by Friday, 24th February 2012 to Afya Royal Clinics, Ngong Road, next to Uchumi hyper.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Royal Gardens Hospital is the first state- of- the art hospital facility providing both out-patient and In-patient Reproductive Health and Child care services with a 65-bed capacity. As part of our growth strategy, we are seeking to fill the following vacant positions.